Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Coeburn Crazies

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    Guys: There's always three sides to every story, and I haven't heard the Kelly side. If this was the case, LPD Blue and this former 32 from JJK were both adults. Yeah, classless, but not much can be done. If what you say is correct, shame on my fellow JJK brethren. We aren't 13 anymore-time to step up, grow up, and realize that as adults, we have little ears and eyes all around us, and it is our duty to lead by example. When you graduate, you not only have a duty to represent your old alma mata with class, but your entire community as well. Yes, I will holler at the refs, cheer on my team wildly, and razz the opposition, but let's be mature adults here, and leave the malice at the door. Most on here who have met me in person will say "Hey, that big Injun is a good guy". I like to think that I represent my town well. Sadly, sportsmanship here in our area gets forgotten when passion gets us . All schools have their loser fans. I had something alot like this happen on the road at GC a few years ago, and after the game, several fans stopped me and said "Not all of us are like those nimrods-you were the bigger man by keeping your cool and supporting your team".

    And to the Coeburn Crazies: Yes, I do like to pick on you all, but in truth, I think that it's a cool and unique thing that you guys do. The athletes at Coeburn are lucky to have support like that, and I enjoyed seeing you all have that much fun. I often fuss about JJK fans being so passive. I envy the Knights [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  2. #62
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    Sad part is I don't hear too many people giving Blue kudos for keeping his cool and not getting in a confrontation or cussing anybody...he stood up and cheered for his team...and that was it. Some of the more aloof Kelly fans tried to tell him to sit down and shut up. This was the chain of events Unchained...and then Blue simply says to them: "I've paid my money, I can stand up and cheer for who I want." And then these same people go complain to the principal and deputies that were in attendance.

    That stuff has happened for about the past 3-4 years. It happens again next year there's either gonna be an arrest, an ambulance, or maybe both. I will not be the one to instigate it because I believe as you do about representing your town--but at this current pace, something will end up happening. And as I said--Blue's what...21? This lady that was stirring the pot, along with her husband who came and tried to get at Blue after the game, were well into their 50's, if not 60. That's ridiculous.

    And Unchained--please...tell me you know who the ex-# 32 for Kelly is that I'm speaking of. If you do...then you understand even moreso what I'm saying.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    The fans from Coeburn have as much right as the fans from Wise to stand up and cheer. They paid their money same as us (no different than us going to Coeburn and cheering)
    Are you talking about Stevie Niece?
    Anyways-we're off to Coeburn now. Hope the wrestling meet is still on? BTW-Kudos to Blue for being the bigger man-been there done that.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  4. #64
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    Stevie Niece is a joke...Hey Blue you should have knocked his ass out, Im from Kelly and I would ahve!

  5. #65
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    The big thing was that he and the other lady (his wife I think), were telling me to stop yelling when they really don't have a lot (if any) authority. I was yelling at TJ, nothing bad, just sayin like stop whining stuff like that, then Robin Dotson asked me to not yell at the coach, so I stopped, I had no problem with that, he's an authority figure. I just don't think fans have any right to tell the other team's fans not to cheer.

    I think the biggest problem is that the benches are on the visitor side. I'm not sure who set that up, but it doesn't seem like a WISE decision. (pun intended)

  6. #66
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    Was it old man Steve, or son Stevie?

  7. #67
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    I think it was both, I know the younger Steve was the one trying to fight with me (and others), but some old short guy started talkin trash as I was leaving, I think football_fan took care of him though LoL

  8. #68
    Inactive Member smarty's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2003
    Posts
    1,264
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    the only people who ever say anything to us are the Nieces, and then TJ's parents b/c they always sit down there on the far right on COEBURN's side and Blue, Knights67, my neice, and my myself sit there b/c that's usually the only place left to sit.

  9. #69
    Inactive Member Widespread_Panic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 13th, 2004
    Posts
    325
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Adkins with a D

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Stevie Niece with an ie
    The test is simple, if "your" team wins a national championship, do you get a championship ring? If the answer is yes, then you can say "we." If not, you can't.

  10. #70
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Coeburn Crazies

    </font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Didnt Kelly beat them in football too this year?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Yes, but Coeburn's basketball program is about 10 times as good as their football program.

    I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just speaking the truth. The same could be said about Kelly in basketball as well.

    It's amazing how two different sports can bring along such different stories as each school/team transitions between them.
    Officially retired

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •